Pilot Knoll Park Campground and Day Use Area
$10 per vehicle/per day, Annual Pass Card (see pricing below)
- Boat Ramp
- Covered Pavilion
- Covered Picnic Tables
- Kayak Rentals
- Nature Area
- Paddle Board Rentals
Pilot Knoll Park is a beautiful park bordering Lake Lewisville in Highland Village. This park is 65 to 85 acres (depending on the water level) and is perfect for nature lovers, campers, hikers, horseback riders, and anyone who likes spending time outdoors. The park has a day use area, overnight camping in an improved camp area as well as primitive camping.
For more information, view our brochure or view the Pilot Knoll Park Story Map.
Annual Pass Cards
Cards are available for purchase at The Robert & Lee DuVall Center located at 948B Highland Village Road Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Annual Pass Resident - $35, Non-Resident - $60
Annual Pass Senior Resident (62+) - $20, Non-Resident - $60
Annual Pass July 1 - December 31 Residents - $20, Non-Resident - $60, Senior Resident (62+) - $10
This area includes grill, picnic table, fire ring, and water hookups at each site:
- 55 RV and tent campsites with 50 amp electrical hook-up
- 13 Primitive campsites - closed
- Grey water dump station
- Playground area with picnic table and grill
- Firewood available for purchase - credit card only - available 24/7 via the firewood vending machine.
- Restroom facility with showers.
- Rules and Regulations
Primitive Camping - Closed
The camping area is a “carry-in, carry-out” camping area. Each site offers a lamp post, fire ring, and picnic table. Portable toilets are in close proximity to the primitive camping area and indoor facilities are available in the day use area of the park. No water or electric available at camp sites. A centralized water spigot is located in close proximity.
Day Use Area
- 32 covered and uncovered picnic tables with grills
- Boat ramp and dock - Annual Pass cards can be purchased at the gatehouse or at the Parks and Recreation office
- Large and medium pavilions with grills, electricity, water, and picnic tables
- Poindexter and Hickory Creek Trail equestrian trails
- Restroom facility.
- Kayak Rentals - available for rental at the Gatehouse (includes lifejacket and paddle)
- Paddle Board Rentals - http://bluetsup.com
- Ice - sold at the Gatehouse
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Cornhole Boards
- Fire Pit
- View photos of Day Use Area
- Refund Form
- Refund Policy