Business Fire Prevention
Effective May 1, 2021, the Fire Marshal Division of the Highland Village Fire Department will be utilizing a 3rd party plan review service to supplement our plan review process.
The following plans will require plan review by a 3rd party prior to submittal for a permit:
The following plans shall be submitted directly to the Fire Marshal Division for review and permitting (Does not require a 3rd party review):
Fire Sprinkler Plan for alterations/modification involving less than 19 sprinkler heads
- Underground Fire Sprinkler Lines
- Kitchen Hood Suppression systems
- Access/Egress Control Systems
- Operational permits for Fireworks, Trench Burns, Bonfires
- For all others not listed above - please contact our officer at 972-317-0890 for assistance.
Steps for Plans Requiring 3rd Party Review:
Step 1: Submit your plans to one of the following:
Jay Loucks P.E.
2681 MacArthur Blvd Suite 302
Lewisville, TX 75067
MEH Fire Protection Engineering
Mark Hasenmyer, P.E.
3367 Fireside Drive
Flower Mound, TX 75028
(972) 874-2662 (office)
(469) 235-3154 (cell)
Contractors shall pay all fees associated with 3rd party reviews directly to the 3rd party firm.
Step 2: Submit the following items:
- A completed City of Highland Village Contractor Registration Application
- An electronic copy (PDF) copy of reviewed plans and all associated documents. Submitted plans shall bear the stamp and signature of the 3rd party review firm and the contractor’s design professional.
- Send all above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver in person or via mail to our office. (1200 Highland Village Rd, Highland Village TX. 75077)
Step 3: Upon receipt and review of required documents. A stamped set of the plans and copy of an approval letter will be emailed to you.