Business Fire Prevention
Effective May 1, 2021, the Fire Marshal Division of the Highland Village Fire Department will be utilizing a 3rd party plan review service to supplement our plan review process.
The following plans will require plan review by a 3rd party prior to submittal for a permit:
The following plans shall be submitted directly to the Fire Marshal Division for review and permitting (Does not require a 3rd party review):
Fire Sprinkler Plan for alterations/modification involving less than 19 sprinkler heads
- Underground Fire Sprinkler Lines
- Kitchen Hood Suppression systems
- Access/Egress Control Systems
- Operational permits for Fireworks, Trench Burns, Bonfires
- For all others not listed above - please contact our officer at 972-317-0890 for assistance.
Steps for Plans Requiring 3rd Party Review:
Step 1: Submit your plans to one of the following:
Jay Loucks P.E.
2681 MacArthur Blvd Suite 302
Lewisville, TX 75067
MEH Fire Protection Engineering
Mark Hasenmyer, P.E.
3367 Fireside Drive
Flower Mound, TX 75028
(972) 874-2662 (office)
(469) 235-3154 (cell)
If you would like to utilize an alternative firm, please contact our office for approval.
Contractors shall pay all fees associated with 3rd party reviews directly to the 3rd party firm.
Step 2: Submit the following items:
- A completed City of Highland Village Contractor Registration Application
- An electronic copy (PDF) copy of reviewed plans and all associated documents. Submitted plans shall bear the stamp and signature of the 3rd party review firm and the contractor’s design professional.
- Send all above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver in person or via mail to our office. (1200 Highland Village Rd, Highland Village TX. 75077)
Step 3: Upon receipt and review of required documents. A stamped set of the plans and copy of an approval letter will be emailed to you.