Business Fire Prevention
The Office of the Fire Marshal reviews construction plans for Fire Alarms, Fire Sprinkler Systems, Hood Systems, Hazmat and Site Plans to ensure they meet the current building and fire codes for prevention, detection, and suppression for our City. Prevention staff will inspect these safety systems annually to ensure full functionality and compliance.
Business owners may submit business emergency contact information online.
There is currently no fee for plan inspections but you will need to registered as a contractor with the Building Department which is located at 1000 Highland Village Road.
Effective May 1, 2021, the Fire Marshal Division of the Highland Village Fire Department will be utilizing a 3rd party plan review service to supplement our plan review process.
The following plans will require plan review by a 3rd party prior to submittal for a permit:
Fire Sprinkler Plans - new systems and system modifications (Exceptions – see below)
- Fire Alarms Plans - new systems and system modifications
- Fire Sprinkler Monitoring Systems - new systems and system modifications
- Special Hazard Fire systems – new and modifications
The following plans shall be submitted directly to the Fire Marshal Division for review and permitting
(Does not require a 3rd party review):
Fire Sprinkler Plan for alterations/modification involving less than 19 sprinkler heads
- Underground Fire Sprinkler Lines
- Kitchen Hood Suppression systems
- Access/Egress Control Systems
- Operational permits for Fireworks, Trench Burns, Bonfires
- For all others not listed above - please contact our officer at 972-317-0890 for assistance.
Steps for Plans Requiring 3rd Party Review:
Step 1: Submit your plans to one of the following:
Jay Loucks P.E.
2681 MacArthur Blvd Suite 302
Lewisville, TX 75067
MEH Fire Protection Engineering
Mark Hasenmyer, P.E.
3367 Fireside Drive
Flower Mound, TX 75028
(972) 874-2662 (office)
(469) 235-3154 (cell)
Contractors shall pay all fees associated with 3rd party reviews directly to the 3rd party firm.
Step 2: Submit the following items:
- A completed City of Highland Village Contractor Registration Application
- An electronic (PDF) copy of reviewed plans and all associated documents. Submitted plans shall bear the stamp and signature of the 3rd party review firm and the contractor’s design professional (if applicable).
Submit via email to email@example.com, or deliver in person to our office at 1200 Highland Village Road, or mail to:
Highland Village Fire Department
1000 Highland Village Road
Highland Village, TX 75077
Step 3: Upon receipt and review of required documents:
A stamped set of the plans and copy of an approval letter will be emailed to you.