The National Fire Protection Agency
(NFPA) offers excellent information on their website to keep your family, neighbors and community safe. You can visit their website to explore additional information and we have provided some quick reference links below.
- Causes Candles, cooking, electrical, heating, smoking and more.
- Emergency Preparedness Disasters can occur suddenly and without warning.
- Escape planning Learn the steps to create and practice a home fire escape plan.
- Fire & safety equipment Smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, home fire sprinklers and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Hoarding and fire safety Many fire departments are experiencing serious fires, injuries, and deaths as the result of compulsive hoarding behavior.
- Seasonal Fireworks, Christmas trees, Halloween, and more.
- High Occupancy High-rises, hotels/motels, nightclubs, nursing homes, and more.
- Populations Older adults, people with disabilities, urban and rural communities.