Requirements for Registering to Vote
Note: To vote in Texas, you must be registered.
You are eligible to register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 18 years old on Election Day;
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
Obtain a Voter Registration Application
Simply pick up a voter registration application, fill it out, and mail it at least 30 days before the election date to the County Elections Administrator in the County in which you reside.
You may obtain a Voter Registration Application for Denton County:
- At the Highland Village City Secretary's Office located at the Municipal Complex, 1000 Highland Village Road, (972) 899-5132, or
- At the Denton County Elections Office, Frank Phillips, 701 Kimberly Drive, Suite A101, Denton, TX 76208, (940) 349-3200; mailing address: P.O. Box 1720, Denton, TX 76202
- For more information visit the Denton County Elections Office at https://www.votedenton.com/