The City of Highland Village appreciates your consideration and interest in running for an elected official position on City Council. On May 6, 2023, the citizens of Highland Village will be electing officials for City Council Places 3, 5, and 7 to serve a two year term of office.
The City Charter, Sec. 8.02, outlines the Eligibility to File for office. Each candidate for any elective City office shall meet the following qualifications:
- Shall be a qualified and effectively registered voter of the City;
- Shall have resided within the corporate limits of the City, including the annexed territory, for the twelve consecutive months prior to the date of election;
- Shall meet the requirements of sponsorship required in Section 8.02.B (petition);
- Shall not file for more than one office or position number per election;
- Subject to the provisions of City Charter, Section 3.06, shall resign from the office and the position declared vacant if an incumbent and seeking another office or position number; and
- Shall not continue as a City employee after becoming a candidate for an elective office.
Anyone interested in filing for a place on a general election ballot will find the required forms on the City's website.