- Parks & Recreation
- Special Events
- Celebrate Highland Village
Celebrate Highland Village
Saturday, June 10, 2023
Kick off your summer with Celebrate Highland Village. A full day of festivities kicks off with a fishing derby and 5K run and ends with a spectacular fireworks show over Lewisville Lake! Evening activities also include live music, food vendors, Kid Zone and more!
Morning Events at Doubletree Ranch Park
Highland Village Lions Club Fishing Derby
Celebrate Highland Village 5K and Fun Run
Evening Events at Copperas Branch Park
5:30 p.m. - Gates Open
6:15 p.m. - Live music performances start
Fireworks at Dark
Parking on site is limited and requires a parking pass. Shuttle service is available from remote parking locations.
Thank you to CoServ, EmpathyWell and DCTA for sponsoring this event!
Getting There - Parking, Shuttle Service, etc.:
- Limited Parking at Copperas Branch Park. A parking pass is required and must be picked up at The Robert & Lee DuVall Center, 948B Highland Village Road, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. One pass per person.
- Parking passes will be available for Highland Village residents. Proof of residency is required.
- Attendees who park at Doubletree Ranch Park will walk the City's trail/sidewalk to Copperas Branch Park.
- Remote parking will be available at the Highland Village Municipal Complex and the adjacent Brazos Park parking lot. Attendees parking at these locations will take a shuttle to and from Copperas Branch Park.
- Remote parking will be available at Highland Village Elementary, 301 Brazos Blvd. Attendees parking here will walk to the Highland Village Municipal Complex on the City's sidewalk/trail system to take the shuttle to and from Copperas Branch Park.
- Park at the DCTA A-train Station at Garden Ridge and walk the trail/sidewalk to Copperas Branch Park.
- Walk or ride your bike to Copperas Branch Park.
Fireworks Viewing Locations:
The fireworks will begin at dark. Best viewing locations:
- Copperas Branch Park
- On a boat on Lake Lewisville in close proximity to Copperas Branch Park
- On Hickory Creek side of Lake Lewisville
- Pilot Knoll Park (no food or drink vendors)
Limited viewing locations:
- Doubletree Ranch Park (no food or drink vendors)
Bring: Chairs, blankets, bug spray, sunscreen
Don't Bring: Pets, glass containers, tents, canopies, drones, noise makers, golf carts, or RV's