- Public Works
- Garbage & Recycling
- Household Hazardous Waste
Household Hazardous Waste
Community Waste Disposal provides the Door Side Collection program for safe, easy and responsible disposal of approved hazardous waste and electronics. This service is provided up to once a month, and is included in your regular monthly trash and recycling charge. View the Collection Schedule on the CWD website here.
Items accepted via the HHW & Used Electronics Door Side Collection program include poison, solvent, oil-based and latex paint, aerosols, used motor oil, household and auto batteries, fluorescent tubes, and televisions. Household batteries may also be dropped into the Battery Buckets located at the Municipal Complex and the Public Works building.
How to Prepare for Your HHW & Used Electronics Collection
- Call CWD at 972-392-9300.
- CWD will mail you a collection kit.
- Assemble your HHW according to the instructions provided.
- Place your HHW at your doorstep, where CWD will pick it up.
Bags must be placed near your entrance door, garage, or another area IN FRONT OF YOUR HOME. Do NOT place HHW curbside. Please ensure your HHW is visible from the street.
- Do not overfill the bag.
- Only the bag provided to you may be used.
- Bag must be closed securely.
- Items outside the bag must be placed in a cardboard box.
- Do not drag the bag.
- Pack the bag where it will be placed for collection and place all electronics, auto batteries and fluorescent tubes outside the bag.
- Wrap multiple fluorescent tubes together with tape. If available, use the original packaging to hold the tubes and stand them up to prevent breakage.
- Do not fill with pool chemicals as this can start a fire.