During Early Voting, registered voters may vote at any Denton County Polling Site, including the Highland Village Municipal Complex located at 1000 Highland Village Road. Early Voting will be conducted October 24 - November 4, 2022 on the following dates and times:
|Monday - Friday||October 24 - 28||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||October 29||7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||October 30||11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Monday - Friday||October 31 - November 4||7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
On Election Day, November 8, registered voters must vote at their assigned polling site during the hours of 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. Information on assigned polling sites and sample ballots will be available soon.
The last day to register to vote in this election is October 11, 2022.
Applications for a Ballot by Mail must be received (not postmarked) by October 28, 2022 via mail, fax or email to:
Early Voting Clerk
P.O. Box 1720
Denton, Texas 76202
Fax: (940) 349-3201
Applications for a Ballot by Mail may also be downloaded from the Denton County website:
For additional information, please contact Denton County Elections at (940) 349-3200.
The Highland Village City Council is composed of a Mayor and six Council members. The Mayor and Council are elected at-large and represent the entire community. The next scheduled General Election for the City of Highland Village will be held on Saturday, May 6, 2023 for the purpose of electing members of City Council to Places 3, 5 and 7 to serve two year terms.
The City Secretary's Office will accept applications from qualified persons interested in running for any of the above referenced places during the filing period designated by state law, as shown below:
|Filing Period for the May 6, 2023 General Election - Places 3, 5 and 7|
First Day to File for Place on the Ballot
(108th day before Election)
January 18, 2023
Last Day to File for Place on the Ballot
(78th day before Election)
February 17, 2023
If you are interested in running for office, you will find additional information and the required forms on the Candidate Information link on the City’s website or by contacting the City Secretary’s Office at (972) 899-5132.
To be eligible to be a candidate, a person shall:
1. be a United States citizen;
2. be 18 years of age or older;
3. be a qualified and effectively registered voter of the City;
4. have not been determined by a final judgement of a court to be mentally incapacitated;
5. have not been convicted of a felony from which the candidate has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
6. have resided within the corporate limits of the City for the twelve consecutive months prior to the date of election;
7. not file for more than one office or position number per election; and
8. satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law or be disqualified by reason of any provision of any other section of the City Charter.
For additional information about City elections, please contact the City Secretary’s Office:
Mailing Address: 1000 Highland Village Road, Highland Village, Texas 75077
Telephone Number: (972) 899-5132