2020 Primary Runoff Election
During Early Voting, registered voters may vote at any Denton County Polling Site, including the Briarihill Middle School Cafeteria, located at 2100 Briarhill Boulevard. Please note, the Highland Village Municipal Complex is not a polling site for this election. Early Voting will be held on the following dates and times:
|June 29 - July 2||Monday - Thursday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|July 5||Sunday||11:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|July 6 - July 10||Monday - Friday||7:00 am - 7:00 pm|
Election Day for the 2020 Primary Runoff is Tuesday, July 14 from 7:00 am until 7:00 pm. Registered voters must vote at their assigned Republican or Democratic Party Polling Site:
|Location / Address|
3002, 3003, 3004 and 3005
|Highland Village Municipal Complex (PD Training Room - 1000 Highland Village Rd|
3002, 3003, 3004 and 3005
|Briarhill Middle School (Cafeteria) -|
2100 Briarhill Blvd
For a full list of Early Voting and Election Day locations, please visit www.votedenton.com.
Highland Village General Election - CANCELLED
UPDATE: The 2020 General Election to elect City Council members for Places 1 (Mayor), 2, 4 and 6 has been cancelled as all candidates are unopposed.
The Highland Village City Council is composed of a Mayor and six Council members. The Mayor and Council are elected at-large and represent the entire community. The next scheduled General Election for the City of Highland Village will be held on Saturday, May 2, 2020 for the purpose of electing members of City Council to Places 1 (Mayor), 2, 4 and 6 to serve two year terms.
The City Secretary’s Office will accept applications from qualified persons interested in running for any of the above referenced places during the filing period designated by state law, as shown below. During the filing period, the City Secretary’s Office will receive applications at the Highland Village Municipal Complex, located at 1000 Highland Village Road, during regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding City holidays.
|Filing Period for the May 2, 2020 General Election - Places 1 (Mayor), 2, 4 and 6|
|First Day to File for Place on the Ballot:|
(108th day before Election)
|January 15, 2020|
|Last Day to File for Place on the Ballot:|
(78th day before Election)
|February 14, 2020|
If you are interested in running for office, you will find additional information and the required forms on the Candidate Information link on the City’s website or by contacting the City Secretary’s Office at (972) 899-5132.
To be eligible to be a candidate, a person shall:
1. be a United States citizen;
2. be 18 years of age or older;
3. be a qualified and effectively registered voter of the City;
4. have not been determined by a final judgement of a court to be mentally incapacitated;
5. have not been convicted of a felony from which the candidate has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
6. have resided within the corporate limits of the City for the twelve consecutive months prior to the date of election;
7. not file for more than one office or position number per election; and
8. satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law or be disqualified by reason of any provision of any other section of the City Charter.
Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot
Resolution 2020-2866 Authorizing a General Election for May 2, 2020
Resolution 2020-2872 Cancelling the May 2, 2020 General Election due to Unopposed Candidates
Order of Cancellation / Orden de Cancellacion
For the May 2, 2020 General Election, polling locations will be determined in March of 2020 by the Denton County Elections Administrator.
For additional information about City elections, please contact the City Secretary’s Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (972) 899-5132.
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas election identification certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas license to carry a handgun issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport
Note: With the exception of the United States citizenship certificate, the identification must be current or have expired no more than four years before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place.
Voters who do not possess and cannot reasonably obtain one of the seven forms of approved photo ID listed above have additional options at the polls. You may visit the Denton County Elections website at the link provided below for further details.
You can also determine if you are registered to vote at the Denton County Elections website. If you have any questions regarding your voter registration, please call the Denton County Elections Division at (940) 349-3200.