Highland Village Municipal Court is currently open to in-person service. If you need assistance or wish to conduct business with the court, please call (972) 317-3660.
Please adhere to the following Rules of Court Conduct and Decorum:
Failure to follow these guidelines will prompt the Court Staff to remove the defendant from the virtual courtroom until compliance is achieved.
- Proper clothing strictly enforced - Inappropriate attire will not be permitted.
- Avoid background noise - Ensure your environment is conducive to attend virtually.
- Avoid Distractions - Minimize any distractions and give full attention to the proceedings.
- DO NOT record any portion of the proceedings.
- Proper respect for the court process shall be adhered to all times.
If you are interested in Defensive Driving, Deferred Disposition or an Extension to dispose of your citation, these options are now available online. Please go to the tab to the left titled, Pay Citation Online, enter your citation number and follow the prompts. Be prepared to upload a photo of your drivers license and insurance. If you have additional questions, please contact the court at 972-317-3660.
The Municipal Court is responsible for accurate, expeditious service relating to all cases filed in the Municipal Court in accordance with City ordinances and state laws as shown below:
- Traffic Code Violations
- State Class C Violations
- Penal Code (Examples include Theft, Disorderly Conduct, and Assault.)
- Education Code (Such as Failure to Attend School.)
- Health and Safety Code (Includes tobacco related cases.)
- Alcohol Beverage Code (Examples include Minor in Possession and Minor in Consumption.)
- City Ordinances
- Animal Violations (Including Animal at Large and Dangerous Dog citations.)
- Building/Zoning Violations (Such as High Grass and Weeds, Fences, etc.)
- Permit Violations (Includes Failure to Obtain Permits citations.)
Court Clerk Functions
Various functions of the Court Clerk’s Office include:
- Processing Tickets
- Driver's Safety Class
- Deferred Disposition
- Time Payments
- Setting Court Dates
- Preparing the required state monthly reports.
- Processing appeal and warrant paperwork as required.