- City Council
Highland Village is a Home Rule City and operates under a council-manager form of government. All members of Council are elected at-large, under a place system, and serve staggered two-year terms:
- The Mayor (Place 1) and Council members in Places 2, 4, and 6 are elected in even-numbered years.
- Council members in Places 3, 5, and 7 are elected in odd-numbered year.
- No person shall serve for more than four consecutive terms on the Council, regardless of place. A term shall mean a period of time for which a Council member is elected to office, regardless of the number of days served. No person shall serve his/her full complement of successive terms more than twice during his/her lifetime.
The City Council is the legislative and governing body of the City. In accordance with City Charter, the Council enacts legislation, adopts the annual operating budget and is responsible for setting policy. The City Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the City and implements policies set forth by the Council.
- *7:00 p.m. (early work sessions at *6:00 p.m.) *Always confirm start times on agenda
- Second and fourth Tuesday of each month
- Council Chambers at the Municipal Complex
1000 Highland Village Rd.
Highland Village, TX 75077
- Individuals wishing to address the City Council must complete the Speaker’s Request Form and present it to the City Secretary prior to the start of the Regular Meeting. Groups wishing to address the same issue are encouraged to select a spokesperson.
Agendas, Minutes & Videos
Upcoming meeting agendas are available prior to the meetings and can be found here as well as previous agendas and minutes.
Access the live video stream during a regularly scheduled meeting or view archived videos of previous meetings.