The City of Highland Village is now accepting applications for City Council Places 3, 5, and 7. A general election will be held on May 6, 2017 to elect officials to serve a two-year term of office. Qualifications for candidates interested in running for an elected position on the City Council are:
- Shall be a qualified and effectively registered voter of the City;
- Shall have resided within the corporate limits of the City, including the annexed territory, for the twelve consecutive months prior to the filing deadline;
- Shall meet the requirements of sponsorship required in Section 8.02B (petition);
- Shall not file for more than one office or position number per election;
- Shall resign from the office and the position declared vacant if an incumbent and seeking another office or position number; and
- Shall not continue as a City employee after becoming a candidate for an elective office.
Anyone interested in filing for a place on the May 6, 2017 ballot must submit the required forms. Applications will be received Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. from January 18, 2017 through February 17, 2017.